Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Making it up as I go along

I have decided I hate it when you have to scroll to the bottom of the page to find the ingredients for a recipe so I will now stop putting the ingredient list at the bottom of my blogs.

Ingredients

8 burger patties
1 bunch of lettuce
1 sweet potato
A whole lot of brussels sprouts (I don't really know how many)
As much bacon as you like
Some coconut oil (or olive oil works too)

The gym where I worked celebrated their fifth anniversary on Saturday. Yay CSC! What's even better than five great years is free food!! We had a ton of extra brussels sprouts and burgers that had already been defrosted...meaning they had to be cooked in the next 45 minutes. 

Outdoor grilling is forbidden at my apartment. Wooden stairs and large flames have been deemed hazardous. So I really didn't know what I was going to do with 8 burgers, but when free food is offered Anna always accepts. 

I ended up throwing them in the oven because every time I try to cook burgers on the stove I end up setting off the fire alarms. While those were cooking I started chopping up sweet potatoes. At first I tried to imitate this recipe, but it was difficult and tedious so I just sliced them with my mandolin. Much easier. After sautéing them in coconut oil I started in on the bacon and brussels sprouts. 

The brussels sprouts were already cooked so I just had to heat them up. I went ahead and put them in the pan with the bacon because bacon makes brussels sprouts taste better. A lot better. 

The finished product was delightful! A bacon, sweet potato, lettuce wrap with brussels sprouts on the side.

Yay for free food and improvisation! 



No comments:

Post a Comment