Saturday, April 18, 2015

Paleo(ish) on the Go Go

One of the most important things when attempting to stick to a paleo diet is food prep. Having food ready before you get desperately hungry and eat whatever is available. While I understand the importance of food prep, I rarely have time for it, and when I do I have no place to store my meals during the day. So here is how I do paleo on the go:

Chipotle: It gets a bad rap sometimes because could easily consume your entire recommended caloric intake, but if you know what to get you could actually get a pretty healthy meal. I get brown rice, double chicken (about 75% they don't charge you extra for it), hot salsa, and guacamole.

Ingredient: They changed their menu recently, but I still build my own salad. It's the easiest way to avoid all the cheese. I get spinach, chicken (yeah, it's extra here too, and they always charge you), sliced almonds, avocado and red onions with almond champagne vinaigrette (I have no idea what that is, but it's delicious).

Kaldis: Do you know why I love Kaldis? Because they have an unwrapped breakfast burrito, and it is delicious. Their egg white unwrapped breakfast burrito has egg whites, spinach, and sweet potatoes.

Lucky's Market: Lucky's is the bomb. It has lots and lots of paleo(ish) options from chicken breast to chicken curry salad. My favorite is the kale slaw. It will change your life.

The best thing about these four options is they are all within a mile of campus!

No comments:

Post a Comment